Letters of Application: A letter of application typically provides detailed information on why are you a qualified person for a particular job/internship that you are applying for. Effective application letters explain the reasons for your interest in the specific organization and identify your most relevant skills or experiences.
Your application letter should let the employer know what position you are applying for, why the employer should select you for an interview, and how you will follow-up.
Looking for an easy way to Learning of English Grammar Exercises for Class 10 ICSE. You have to learn basic English Grammer topics like Tenses Verbs, Nouns, etc… In this article, we will review the best English Grammer Topics and compare them against each other.
Job Application Letter Class 10 ICSE Format, Examples, Topics, Samples, Exercises
Keep the following in mind:
- Always mention the post/job that you are applying for.
- Always mention your qualifications which are relevant for the post/job that you are applying to.
- Mention your achievements, strengths and weakness with respect to the job applied for.
- Mention what makes you a suitable candidate for the job applied.
- Your letter must be followed by a cover letter.
- The cover letter should mention your suitability as the appropriate candidate for a given post as well as mentioning your work experience, if any.
- Your cover letter should be crisp, concise and to the point.
Sample Letter 1
2 B, Iris Towers
26th July, 20XX
The HR. Manager
Subject: Internship in the Textile Printing Department
In response to your advertisement in The Tribune, dated 1st July, 20XX, I would like to apply for Internship in Fab Furnish Enterprises.
I am a Class X student of Modern Senior Secondary School, New Delhi. I have a two month school break and I would like to utilize this period by doing internship in your organization.
I have a flair for colors and textiles. I plan to use my flair and interest by pursuing a career in textiles after completing my education. An internship in your organization will help me hone my skills.
I am confident of standing up to the required level and of meeting your expectations.
Sample Letter 2
Room 354, Block 6
Mr. William Chandela
Subject: Application for the Post of Management Trainee
Dear Mr. Chandela,
I am writing to apply for the post of Management Trainee, which was advertised on the notice board of Modern School on 1st August, 20XX.
My internship at Lucky Star Garments Ltd. improved my leadership skills, communication skills and ability to work in a team environment. I have fluency in spoken and written English.
Currently I am in my second year of Bachelor of Arts, Economics Honours from Delhi University, graduating in 20XX. Subjects which I am pursuing are elevant to the post of Management Trainee as it includes Operations Management, Human Resources Management, Accounting, Marketing and Strategic Management. My final year project is entitled as Knowledge Management Practices in India.
Working for Cox Consulting appeals to me because it has an excellent reputation and it provides focused training. Your organization produces a high-quality service, and I can contribute to this with my leadership skills and my ability to work under pressure.
I am available for interview at any time. I look forward to meeting you.
Suggested Outlines of Letters of Application
1. Write a letter to your local newspaper applying for the post of Freelance Contributor. Provide relevant details to state your suitability.
- Indicate how much time you can devote to the work.
- Give some examples of work already done.
2. You have heard that the New Delhi Symphony is looking for a piano accompanist. Write a letter to the Music Director of the New Delhi Symphony applying for the post. In the letter give details of your piano training and experience at playing the piano.
- Indicate why you want the job.
- Enclose your testimonials.
3. Write a letter to Mr. Roberts who has advertised in the newspaper for a Private Secretary with good knowledge of English and Computers.
- Give your educational qualifications with emphasis on marks in English.
- Write about your training in Computers and your familiarity with MS Office etc.
4. A private airline has advertised for posts of air hostesses. Write an application for the post advertized.
- Reasons for your choosing this profession.
- Institute from which you have taken training.
5. A school has advertised for the post of Vice-Principal. Apply for it giving necessary details.
- Reasons for applying for the job and why you would like to shift from your existing job.
- Highlight any work you have done which shows your administrative and management capabilities required for this job.