Textile Designing Course: Textile Designing is an artistic field that includes the method of creating designs, printed fabrics, yarns, fibres, fabrics, dyeing, embroidery and many more. Textiles are not just used for fashion, but for various other objectives such as for the making of protective helmets, protective bulletproof jackets, sound control walls coverings in cinema halls etc. Textile designing courses can be pursued with fashion courses as they improve your understanding and help you obtain better career possibilities.
A Brief on Textile Designing Courses
Textile design is a developing field concentrating on a wide variety of skills suitable to different areas from home to fashion, handlooms to the factory and many more. It blends artistic taste with technological knowledge along with featuring creative innovation. Textile design as a field embraces the process where raw materials are used to make finished commodities.
To make a future in the field of textile design, aspirants can pursue degree, diploma and certificate programmes. Students intending to pursue a career in the field of textile designing can go for undergraduate bachelors course BDes, BE/ BTech, BSc, BA, BFA and BVA whereas at the PG level applicants can pursue classes such as MDes, MA, MSc, MBA/ PGDM and MFA.
Textile Designing Course Highlights
- Name of the course: Textile Designing Courses
- Duration: The duration of the course depends upon the level of the program, such as graduate level, postgraduate level, certificate, or diploma level courses.
- Eligibility: Students who have completed their 10+2 with 60 % marks and Graduation or Diploma with 50% marks from any recognised University such as State Government/ DEC/ UGC/ AIU/ AICTE/) in any discipline and have proficiency in English (spoken and written both are mandatory) are eligible to apply for the course.
- Fee Structure: The fee structure for the course is from Rs 30,000 onwards.
- Career Opportunities: Some career opportunities after completion of the Textile Courses are Fabric Resource Manage, Fashion Designers, Bath Suppliers and Bedding and many more.
Textile Designing Course Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who need to pursue a Bachelors’s degree in Textile Design need to complete their 10+2 exam or a similar program from a recognised board with a maximum of 60% marks.
- Reserved category students can also apply for the course by securing a maximum of 45% marks.
- Candidates can also apply in the PG Level Textile Design course or can apply for the advanced diploma course or the post-graduation diploma course from a recognised university.
Skill Set Required for Textile Designing Courses
- Have Artistic and aesthetic taste
- Knowledge of colours, shades and tones
- Good communication skills
- Should be goal-oriented
- Have sight for detail
- Good visual imagination
- Good observation skills
- Have Persuasiveness
- Understand the business and consumer lifestyle
Textile Designing Course Admission Process
- The textile design course admissions are based on national-level entrance exams.
- Some college selection criteria are based on counselling sessions and personal interviews.
Textile Designing Course Curriculum
BDes Textile Design
- Applied Art on Textiles
- Basics of Computer Science Application
- Colour Mixing
- Communication and Graphic Design
- Computer-Aided Design (CAD) & Weave Design
- Design, Art and Basic Design
- Design Elements and Principles
- Exhibition Design
- Graphic Software And Its Usage For Image Creation
- History Of Art
- Marketing And Merchandising
- Print Design
- Printing & Finishing
- Principles Of Resource Management
- Professional Management
- Properties Of Materials
- Quality Analysis & Assurance
- Surface Development Techniques
- Textiles And Clothing
- Textile Design And Applied Arts
- Textile Dyeing And Pattern Making
Bachelors in Textile Design
- Elements of Design
- Visualisation Representation
- Overview of Fashion
- Material Studies
- Computer Application
- Field Study
- Computer-Aided Design for Print
- Digital Imaging & Editing Techniques
- Textile Design Development Project
- Printing and Finishing
- Integrated Term Project
- Design Methodology
- Fashion Studies
- Surface Techniques
- Textile Science
- Introduction to Weaving Skills & Knitting Skills
- Appreciation of Traditional Textiles
- Quality Analysis & Assurance
- CAD and Weave Design
- Print Design
- Styling for Apparel & Home Furnishings
- Woven Design Project
- Dobby & Jacquard Design
- Marketing & Merchandising
BA Textile Design
- Dyeing & Printing
- Weaving/ Dyeing & Printing
- Weaving/ Printing
BA (Hons) Textile Design
- Principles of Design and Fashion
- Fashion Model Drawing
- Communication Skills & Personality Development
- Introduction to Textiles
- Pattern Making
- Instruction Techniques
- Technical Drawing
- Construction Techniques
- Fashion Illustration
- Machinery & Equipments
- Surface Ornamentation
- Computer Application
- Fashion Studies- Woven
- History of Design
- Principles of Management
- Graphic Design
- Computer-Aided Design
- Colour Theory
- Fundamentals of Fashion Marketing & Merchandising
- Fashion Studies – Knit
- Traditional Textiles & Embroidery of India
- Dyeing and Printing
- Textile Garment Quality Analysis and Assurance
- Yarn Craft
- Fashion Forecasting
Textile Design Course Curriculum for PG Courses
- Textile Theory
- Yarn Process
- Textile Texture
- Textile chemistry
- Weaves process
- Loom’s process
- Textile science (printing & dying)
- Introduction to finishing advance weaving process
- Completing process articles on printing industrial visit
- Market Dynamics
- Knitting Industrial Visits
- Project on woven & knitting fabrics
Top Colleges Offering Textile Designing Course
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT), Bhubaneswar
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University (MJRP), Jaipur
- NIMS University (NIMS), Jaipur
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
- Suresh Gyan Vihar University (SGVU), Jaipur
- International Business School Washington, Bangalore
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj University (CSMU), Navi Mumbai
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi
- National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
Textile Designing Course Entrance Exams
- NIFT Exam- National Institute of Fashion Technology
- AIEED- All India Entrance Examination for Design
- SOFT Entrance Exam- School of Fashion Technology
- NID Exam- National Institute of Design
Textile Designing Course Fee Structure
The average course fees for a student in Textile Designing courses ranges from INR 30,000 onwards. The fee structure may vary based on different colleges or institutions.
Jobs for Textile Designing Courses
A textile designing professional is employed in different divisions of the industry, including garment, interior, fashion, home furnishing and many more. One may also prefer to work as a freelancer. Some of the job opportunities after studying textile designing courses :
- Colour Specialists
- Printing Supervisors/ Managers
- Strategic Intervener
- Print and Pattern Designer
- Textile Illustrator
- Innovative Design Consultant
Top Recruiters for Textiles Designing Courses
India has several notable recruiters that look for experienced textile designers. Some of them are:
- Arvind Ltd
- Vardhman Textiles Ltd
- Welspun India Ltd
- Nitin Spinners Ltd
- Rupa & Company Ltd
- Himatsingka Seide Ltd
- Raymond Ltd
- Trident Ltd
- K P R Mill Ltd
- Page Industries Ltd
Average Salary of a Textile Designer
The average salary for an entry-level Textile designer may be from Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 3.5 lakh per annum. Postgraduates with the relevant experience may obtain a maximum from Rs 4.5-5 lakhs per annum. The payment may vary based on the sector of employment of the applicant.
FAQ’s on Textile Designing Course
What are the eligibility criteria for Textile Designing Courses?
The Minimum Qualification for the course is 10+2 from a recognised university with 60 percent of marks.
What are the career options for Textile Designing Courses?
Some of the career options for Textile Designing Courses are Textile Artist, Freelance Textile Artist, Product Developer, Textile Technologist, and Interior Designer.
What are some of the courses for the Textile Designing Course?
Some of the courses for textile designing courses are Applied Art on Textiles, CAD & Weave Design, Basics of Computer Science Application, Design Elements and Principles, Printing & Finishing, Properties Of Materials, Textile Dyeing And Pattern Making, Introduction to Weaving Skills & Knitting Skills, etc.